Summers in the Columbus area are hot, humid and long. With many homeowners looking for cost-effective ways to stay cool and comfortable, more are turning to attic insulation as a way to improve their HVAC efficiency and reduce their energy bills.
With the right type of attic insulation, you can help keep your home cooler during summer and potentially reduce your AC use without compromising your comfort.
Why Attic Insulation Matters
An uninsulated attic doesn’t have any thermal barrier against the hot Ohio sun, meaning that heat easily transfers from the outdoors to the inside. Your attic then traps that oppressive heat, which makes it harder for your HVAC to cool the rooms below.
Attics are also the top source of thermal loss in homes due to drafts and leaks. This means hot air can not only get in, but the air you’ve spent significant money and energy to cool can also escape. With attic insulation, you can strengthen your home’s protection against the elements and improve its energy efficiency.
Installing Attic Insulation
Attic insulation installations are different depending on the current state of your attic. If your attic has insulation that’s now old and damaged, an expert will remove the old insulation.
If your home has insufficient insulation that’s still in good condition, your project is considered a retrofit, where experts add new insulation on top of the existing materials.
Regardless of whether you need new installation, replacement or retrofitting, we offer a variety of insulation materials to provide the product that meets the specific needs of your attic. This includes:
- Spray foam insulation: This option provides good coverage and is an effective insulator to fit all nooks, crannies and crevices.
- Fiberglass insulation: Whether you choose batt or blown-in, fiberglass insulation is an excellent choice, especially for larger attics.
- Cellulose insulation: Our cellulose insulation is our most eco-friendly option, so you can improve your home’s insulation in a clean and green way.
- Injection foam: Injection foam offers superior air sealing and thermal resistance while promoting good indoor air quality.
Benefits of Re-Insulating Your Attic
If you’re struggling to keep your home cool in the summer or are tired of spending an arm and a leg on energy bills, it may be time to assess your attic’s insulation.
For homeowners whose attics are under-insulated or not insulated, re-insulating is a great way to get great benefits, including:
- Lowering energy bills
- Qualifying for energy incentive programs
- Adding value to your home
- Keeping your home more comfortable
Schedule Attic Insulation in Columbus, OH Today
Turn to Edwards/Mooney & Moses for superior attic insulation services. As part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies, we’re proud to offer unmatched customer service and the highest quality products to ensure your insulation needs are met.
With over 70 years in the industry, Edwards/Mooney & Moses has offered innovative insulation solutions to central Ohio homeowners. With our vast experience and dedication to integrity, you can rest assured that your home is in excellent hands.