Do you need to re-insulate your home in Columbus, Ohio or the surrounding central Ohio area? You’re in good hands with the team at Edwards/Mooney & Moses. We can recommend the right solutions to maximize the energy efficiency of your home and help you save on your utility bills.
Edwards/Mooney & Moses understands existing homes need a quality, cost-effective insulation solution just as much as new constructed homes. According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the easiest and most cost-effective way to save energy is to insulate your home.
A simple and quick inspection by an Edwards/Mooney & Moses insulation professional can save you money and improve the comfort of your home.
A typical home loses up to 45% of its heat through the attic!
- Call us to set up an appointment for a free estimate with one of our friendly, knowledgeable sales representatives
- Our sales rep will take an assessment of your home and discuss insulation recommendations.
- Within 48 hours, you will get a proposal.
- Contact our scheduling department when you choose to have the work completed.
- Our crew will arrive at your home and walk you through the steps of where they will be and what they will be doing.
- Upon completion, the crew members will clean up to the best of their ability.
Insulation & Air Sealing
Two important insulation related terms to know are:
- R-value: The R-value is defined as the resistance to heat flow. The higher the R-value, the better the insulation’s ability to stop the heat from passing through to the outside (in the winter) or inside of your house (in the summer).
- Air sealing: Caulking and weatherstripping are forms of air sealing. In addition to insulation, air sealing can help reduce heat flow.
Key places in your home where you can add additional insulation or air sealing include:
- Attic spaces: Your attic may have inadequate insulation or no insulation at all.
- Attic access doors: This can be a source of air leakage
- Garage connecting walls: This creates a separate conditioned space from a garage non-conditioned area.
- Floors over garages: If the room above the garage is too hot or too cold, chances are it could use more insulation.
- Knee walls: These are usually shorter walls separating conditioned space from non-conditioned space, and they are common in bonus rooms.
- Basement joist ends: This can be a very leaky area, so air sealing and additional insulation will help prevent energy loss through your basement.
- Crawl spaces: These may contain water pipes that could burst if there is no insulation. Insulating crawl space walls and ceilings can increase the comfort of affected rooms.
- Exterior walls: Pictures reflect how insulation is installed in exterior walls of a home.
Siding is carefully removed.
Small holes are drilled.
Cellulose insulation is blown in.
Holes are plugged and siding is replaced.
Retrofit Home Insulation in the Columbus, OH Area
We insulate homes with a variety of materials, including:
- Cellulose: Cellulose insulation is one of the most environmentally friendly types of insulation available. We install AFT loose-fill and spray cellulose.
- Fiberglass: One of the oldest types of insulation materials, fiberglass has been used for decades to increase the energy efficiency of homes. We install CertainTeed and Knauf loose-fill and batt fiberglass insulation.
- Foam: Effective at reducing air infiltration, spray foam fits into irregular cavities and hard-to-reach spaces. We install BASF spray foam and cfiFOAM injection foam insulation.
Adding insulation to your home can help:
Your home loses and gains heat in 3 ways:
Convection: Warm air rising to the ceiling
Conduction: Heat transferred from warm sections to cool sections in your home
Radiation: Heat transferred from the roof to the ceiling
- Maximize the energy efficiency of your home
- Save you money on your heating and cooling costs
- Improve indoor comfort levels all year long
- Improve the performance of your HVAC systems
- Reduce sound from outside and inside, between different rooms and levels
- Contribute to a healthier environment
Insulation is a rewarding investment that can quickly pay for itself in lower utility bills.
Residential Retrofit Insulation Installation in Columbus, OH & Surrounding Areas
We offer high-quality insulation products for all types of homes in Columbus and the central Ohio area. No matter your insulation needs, Edwards/Mooney & Moses can help.
We take pride in our ability to serve our customers and look forward to working with you!
Get in touch with us to learn more about our insulation services or if you need an insulation company you can count on— contact us online or call 614-254-5309!